I've been thinking about this on and off the past year or so, about how easily I bought into our cultural institutions. Its sorta like going to a diner and finding your necessary ketchup/catsup, salt & pepper shakers, and your 3 or 4 varieties of sweetners on the table. Its there, it should always be there. Lately there's thought of the production of all said condiments coming from multiple factories to the delivery men and the waiters/waitresses that have to set it all up. There's a lot of unseen effort to keep that idea alive. An idea I guess I've always sorta taken for granted. And if there isn't any Equal or Splenda at the table, I'm like WTF? Where's my quasi-sugar?
Speaking of which, there's a lot of change going on this past week that has gone undetected on my radar. We had decided to take a walk around the Columbia Heights neighborhood (detailed in the wife's blog) and I can see how some of the longtime residents are resistant to the idea of change. After all, change might be good to some, but not to those with low property taxes, low rent bills, or someone that had a nice view of the blue sky only to have it blocked off by a hulking big box department store in the works. I for one am not one of them when it comes to city living but I am like that with my job at the moment.
I'm being forced to learn a lot of new things on the job lately, more so at a rapid rate and its requiring me to adjust and change a lot mentally. To the point that I'm being very resistant to it and I'm questioning why I am being resistant towards it? Maybe that's my sub-conscious self telling me either a) I'm a lazy son of a bitch or b) its time for a career re-evalutaion with possible plans for a shift. Either way, I guess I'm going to have to face the change with both eyes open.
Read More on Mario