In fact, everytime I go into the building to either get lunch from the China Garden or Baja Fresh, or to buy something at CVS, you'd think I might happen to bump into Gordon Peterson or Elliot Frances running an errand, but nope. Nothing. In fact, when you walk into the lobby and see the Channel 7/8 News entrance, its like the Wizard of Oz. Lots of video/server decks and blinking lights and monitors and not a soul in sight. You think with such a public area and them wanting to be in touch with the public, there'd be more of a Today show like setting, but nope. Its just a locked down fortress. Kinda disappointing. Maybe its best, to keep crazy bumbling fools like me from fawning over the "Talent."
WJLA
2.07.2007
In fact, everytime I go into the building to either get lunch from the China Garden or Baja Fresh, or to buy something at CVS, you'd think I might happen to bump into Gordon Peterson or Elliot Frances running an errand, but nope. Nothing. In fact, when you walk into the lobby and see the Channel 7/8 News entrance, its like the Wizard of Oz. Lots of video/server decks and blinking lights and monitors and not a soul in sight. You think with such a public area and them wanting to be in touch with the public, there'd be more of a Today show like setting, but nope. Its just a locked down fortress. Kinda disappointing. Maybe its best, to keep crazy bumbling fools like me from fawning over the "Talent."
[ back home ]
Comments for WJLA
They probably have people to do those things.
- Posted at 2/07/2007 9:44 AM | By honeykbee
are you kidding me? they're not pulling in that much dough that they can have full time personal assistants or are they?
Sure they can all afford the 600+k house and have a nice car and eat well, but I doubt they're paying some kid 30/40k a year to handle their business.
Sure they can all afford the 600+k house and have a nice car and eat well, but I doubt they're paying some kid 30/40k a year to handle their business.
- Posted at 2/07/2007 9:48 AM | By phi
It's true - they all hide from us real people! I don't know why thye think they are so great? I ran into Alison Starling over the weekend. I know she gets a lot of votes for being so good looking and sexy or whatever BUT... she really isn't a very nice person! I ran into her in Old Town Alexandria this weekend where she lives and she acted like she was better than other people. She ignored me and was extremely rude when I just tried to say hello so I really don't care how good looking she is (which she really isn't, I mean have you seen her nose? People could get our of the rain under that nose... and she has freckles across her nose too - UGH!). Alison is a tease too. When the Gators were playing for the National Title she was all ready to email back and forth - on her terms - but when it comes to any other time she just ignores people and doesn't write back. I think Alison Starling is rude and stuck up and certainly not worthy of any of these "best looking" titles everyone votes on. Beauty is not only skin deep - it should come from within and there is nothing inside Alison Starling except Alison Starling!
- Posted at 10/07/2007 11:16 PM | By

